- Insurance: Auto, Home, Life & More
- Tools & Advice
- Your Auto Insurance Needs
- Auto Insurance Discounts
- Your Home's Value
- Why You Need Life Insurance
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Covering Your Business
- Options & Endorsements
- Moving Tips
- Claims Centre Report a Claim
- Financial Services Invest & Plan
Report your claimContacting us and reporting your damage starts the claim process. Once you have reported your claim, a claim representative will contact you as soon as possible.
Important things to remember during the claims process:
- Take reasonable steps to protect your vehicle from further damage.
- Make sure to tell us where your vehicle is located.
- Review your policy for specific coverage information.
- If you require Emergency Road Service call 1-877-627-5757.
- For more information on one of State Farm®'s Auto Damage Service Program options.
Claims against you
Should any party allege that the accident was your fault, contact your agent or claim representative. State Farm Insurance will conduct an investigation to assess those allegations.
Subject to the terms and conditions of your policy, State Farm Insurance will pay those claims that you are legally liable to honour.
Injuries to you or other parties to the accident
If you or your passengers are injured in an accident in your vehicle and you have applicable medical payments coverage or personal injury protection coverage, your injury-related bills will be paid in accordance with your coverage, subject to the terms and conditions of your policy.
Auto Liability Coverage may protect you in the event that you damage someone else's property or cause injury to others.
We will pay to repair, replace or the agreed upon actual cash value of your property subject to the terms and conditions of your policy. Check with your agent or claim representative for complete details.
We may be required to protect your lien holder as to amounts due them. The claim payment may include the name of your lien holder. Be sure to ask your lien holder about their procedure for endorsing your claim payment.