- Insurance: Auto, Home, Life & More
- Tools & Advice
- Your Auto Insurance Needs
- Auto Insurance Discounts
- Your Home's Value
- Why You Need Life Insurance
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Covering Your Business
- Options & Endorsements
- Moving Tips
- Claims Centre Report a Claim
- Financial Services Invest & Plan
Report your claim
Contacting us and reporting your damage starts the claim process. Once you have reported your damage, a claim representative will contact you as soon as possible.
- Look at your damage and determine if there are any safety risks. If safe, make minor repairs to prevent further damage -- keep an accurate record of repair expenditures.
- Feel free to obtain estimates from reliable contractors experienced in repair work.
- Please refer to our Premier Service® Program for the contractor in your area.
- Major damage may require contractor/engineer inspections.
- Some repairs may not be covered unless you purchased a specific endorsement, such as building code upgrade costs. Please ask your claim representative or agent for coverage and special limits details of your loss.
- State Farm policies differ in coverages and settlement options. Make sure you discuss the specifics of your policy with your claim representative or State Farm agent.
- We are required to protect your mortgage company up to your mortgage balance. Claim payment may include name of your mortgage company. Be sure to ask your mortgage company about their procedure for endorsing your claim payment.