- Insurance: Auto, Home, Life & More
- Tools & Advice
- Your Auto Insurance Needs
- Auto Insurance Discounts
- Your Home's Value
- Why You Need Life Insurance
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Covering Your Business
- Options & Endorsements
- Moving Tips
- Claims Centre Report a Claim
- Financial Services Invest & Plan
Protect your boat and its passengers.
Leave your worries on the shore!
A Boatowners Policy can insure you against most risks of owning and operating your boat, its motor and its trailer. Just as importantly, it can protect you against liability lawsuits, should you injure someone with your boat or damage their property.
These risks may include:
The property covered includes equipment permanently attached to the boat as well as:
- Electric trolling motors
- Extra fuel tanks
- Detachable canopies
- Seat cushions
- Life preservers
- Skis and their tow ropes
Liability coverage includes:
- Watercraft Liability coverage provides protection for legal liability because of an accident resulting from the ownership, maintenance, or use of your watercraft, including bodily injury, property damage and legal defence.
- Watercraft Medical Payments coverage pays medical expenses up to the limits in the policy for you, your resident relatives and other occupants of the boat injured by an accident arising out of the ownership, maintenance, or use of the watercraft.
Additional coverages include those for:
- Newly acquired watercraft must be replacing the existing State Farm insured boat and all boats owned need to be insured with State Farm.
- Reasonable repairs covers repairs incurred to protect covered property from further damage.
- Emergency service pays up to $500 for reasonable costs that you incur resulting from specified emergency service to your boat, motor or boat trailer.
- Wreck removal pays the reasonable expenses you incur for any attempted or actual raising, removal or destruction of the wreck of your watercraft when damage is caused by an insured loss and removal or destruction is required by law.
Ready to get started?