- Insurance: Auto, Home, Life & More
- Tools & Advice
- Your Auto Insurance Needs
- Auto Insurance Discounts
- Your Home's Value
- Why You Need Life Insurance
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Covering Your Business
- Options & Endorsements
- Moving Tips
- Claims Centre Report a Claim
- Financial Services Invest & Plan
Every year, thousands of Canadians become victim to identity fraud . Identity fraud victims often have to spend their own money and a considerable amount of time and energy to clear their credit history and correct their financial records.
As a valued customer, you deserve the best products and services for today’s needs. Identity Restoration Coverage is available for only $25 as an optional endorsement under a Homeowners, Renters, Condominium Unitowners, Manufactured Home or Farm Ranch policy. If you become a victim of identity fraud, you’ll have expense reimbursement and personal help for the recovery process.
Here is a summary of the new coverage.
Identity Restoration Case Management Service
Is available for up to 12 months for any covered Identity Fraud. A case manager works with affected agencies and institutions, including credit card companies, credit bureaus, creditors and businesses on the insured's behalf to correct any covered identity fraud issues that may be experienced.
Identity Fraud Expense Reimbursement
Provides up to $25,000 for covered expenses caused by Identity Fraud, including:
- Cost of obtaining credit bureau reports.
- Fees when reapplying for loans, grants or other credit instruments.
- Phone, postage, and shipping fees.
- Notary and filing fees for costs you incur to correct your identity and credit records.
- Certain legal fees resulting from Identity Fraud
- Up to $1,000 for deductibles or service fees from financial institutions and other costs to recover control over your personal identity. This is part of, not in addition to, the expense reimbursement limit.
- Up to $5,000 combined for lost wages and child and elder care expenses. This is part of, not in addition to, the expense reimbursement limit.
If you have any questions about Identity Restoration Coverage, please contact your State Farm agent.
Ready to get started?