- Insurance: Auto, Home, Life & More
- Tools & Advice
- Your Auto Insurance Needs
- Auto Insurance Discounts
- Your Home's Value
- Why You Need Life Insurance
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Covering Your Business
- Options & Endorsements
- Moving Tips
- Claims Centre Report a Claim
- Financial Services Invest & Plan
Get State Farm Renters Insurance For Pennies A Day
For less than a dollar a day, a State Farm renters insurance policy will cover all of your property at its full replacement cost. Whether you rent a house or an apartment, protect your possessions with State Farm renters insurance, and you could end up saving thousands.*
Thinking About Protection?
- Why You Need Renters Insurance
The landlord of your apartment has insurance, but it probably only covers the building where you live – not your belongings or your liability for accidents. If your possessions are stolen during a break-in or damaged by a fire or severe weather, a renters insurance policy will allow you to recover their value. If someone is injured during an accident in your home, renters insurance will help protect you in the case a liability lawsuit.Common myths about renters insurance
What does renters insurance protect?
- What Renters Insurance Covers
Examples not limited to:
- Fire or Lightning
- Windstorm or Hail
- Freezing of plumbing system
Renters Insurance Doesn't Cover:
- Bodily injury or property damage that is expected or intended by the insured
- Business pursuits
- Professional services provided or not provided
- Ownership, operation, use, or maintenance of aircraft, motor vehicles, and certain watercraft
Renters insurance price factors
- State Farm Is There
With a State Farm renters insurance policy, you can:
- Insure your possessions at their full replacement cost.
- Cover yourself in the case of a liability lawsuit.
- Access State Farm's 24/7 claims service.
- Work with one of our State Farm Agents.
- Logon to statefarm.ca to manage your policy, submit a claim, or contact your Agent.
Worried About Cost?
- Don't Underestimate The Value Of Your Belongings
Computers, electronics, jewelry, clothes, furniture. Maybe something particularly valuable like an engagement ring, art collection or musical instrument. Add up the value of all your property, and you're probably looking at thousands of dollars. Could you afford to replace it all if it were stolen or damaged in a fire? A State Farm renters insurance policy covers your property at home or on the go.
Estimate the value of your personal property. Once you''ve figured out what everything is worth, you'll know how much renters insurance coverage you need.
How much renters insurance do you need?
What affects the price of renters insurance?
- Renters Insurance Is A Bargain
You have thousands of dollars in property. Maybe you can't afford to replace it all, but you can insure it. A State Farm renters insurance policy costs less than a dollar a day.
In case of the unexpected, that small daily cost will save you thousands.
For particularly valuable items, you can add a personal articles policy to cover it.
State Farm also offers Identity Protection Coverage in addition to the standard renters insurance policy. For just an extra $25 a year, you can keep yourself protected in case your identity is stolen.
- State Farm Discounts
State Farm can help you save on renters insurance with discounts for:
- A claim-free history.
- Combining Auto and Renters insurance.
- Home security devices.
Renters insurance discounts
*Based on a State Farm Renters policy with $25,000 loss limit. All coverages are subject to the terms, provisions, exclusions, and conditions in the policy itself, and in any endorsements.
**This tool provides an insurance estimate based on information you provide by making certain basic assumptions about you, your property and your coverages. These estimates are not a contract, binder, or agreement to extend insurance coverage.