- Insurance: Auto, Home, Life & More
- Tools & Advice
- Your Auto Insurance Needs
- Auto Insurance Discounts
- Your Home's Value
- Why You Need Life Insurance
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Covering Your Business
- Options & Endorsements
- Moving Tips
- Claims Centre Report a Claim
- Financial Services Invest & Plan
Renting an apartment or house is no different than owning a home.
You could still face the cost of repairing or replacing items lost because of fire, theft, wind and other hazards.
Even if you rent, a mishap can cost you money, or make you the target of a lawsuit. Protect yourself and your property with renters insurance.
Protect your personal belongings including:
- stereo, TV and other electronics
- any other valuable personal belongings
Renters insurance helps protect your exposure to liability lawsuits, which isn't that much different from that of a homeowner. This could occur in a situation where you are held responsible for:
- Injury to another person
- Damage to another person's property
You could still be held legally responsible for an accident, whether it happens at your residence or elsewhere.
Your renter's policy will protect your personal property against loss or damage from a number of specified causes, such as:
- Fire or lightning
- Weight of ice, snow or sleet
- Windstorm or hail
- Water escape
- Impact by aircraft or land vehicle
- Vehicle damage
- Artificially generated electrical current
- Vandalism or malicious acts
- Falling objects
- Breakage of glass