United Way of Canada
United Way's mission is "To improve lives and build community by engaging individuals and mobilizing collective action." The United Way partners with companies to engage the workforce in fundraising and creating awareness for the needs of the community. Each year, State Farm™ employees contribute to the United Way of York Region to help our local community and demonstrate our Good Neighbour culture. The United Way of York Region directs its funding to five main areas:
- Supporting those who have mental health challenges;
- Providing services for newcomers and immigrants;
- Preventing domestic violence and abuse;
- Addressing issues of affordable housing and homelessness;
- Promoting literacy.
Find an Agent
Our History of Supporting the United Way
- Day of Caring Participation: State Farm employees go out to local charities to provide services such as cooking, painting, and cleaning for the charities in need.
- Internal Events: a large variety of internal events take place within State Farm to promote awareness and to raise funds for the United Way. From cookbooks to silent auctions, State Farm employees regularly participate and give from their hearts in support of the United Way.
- Annual Dragon Boat Race: every year, the United Way of York Region holds an annual race in King City to raise money. State Farm employees and their family members come out every year to participate in the event to support the United Way and our local communities.