Helping you get started
Few entrepreneurial opportunities offer the level of training and support we provide.
Throughout the Selection Process, we help you work toward becoming an Approved Candidate. Approved Candidates who successfully complete a full-time, paid internship are appointed as 12-Month Term Independent Contractor Agents (TICA). This appointment includes a generous signing bonus and an additional bonus at the beginning of the second year.
As an independent contractor agent, you are responsible for all business expenses. State Farm® also provides significant support to help you manage those expenses, including:
- Generous signing bonus to start, and additional signing bonus at the beginning of your second year
- Computers, phones, and related tools at little or no cost
A call, click, or e-mail away
Your office may have your name on it, but you are not alone. Extensive, ongoing support is at your fingertips throughout your agent career:
- From training and development, to business planning and world-class marketing assistance, your sales leader helps you become a more strategic leader of your agency.
- Your Administrative Services (facilities), Claims, Public Affairs, and Underwriting partners are here to provide expert help and resources at the local level.
- Agency Services is dedicated to providing personal assistance with business operations, including things like compensation, licencing, contract dealings, incentive programs, and more.
- Well-trained professionals at our Customer Contact Centre are here 24/7 to assist customers and agents. When your office is closed, we take good care of customers and provide all the information you may need to follow up.
- You don't have to be a computer whiz. The Insurance Support Centre provides 24/7 computer and IT support for you.