Life Insurance Claims
We are committed to an efficient, organized life insurance claims process devoid of hassle and red tape because we know that the passing of a loved one creates plenty of stress on its own.
(New Brunswick, Canada residents: the online Report a Death form is not eligible to be used by residents of the province of New Brunswick, Canada. To report a death, please contact a State Farm agent).
Start a Claim
Information to Have on Hand
- Insured person's full name and nickname (if any)
- Date of birth
- Province of residence
- Life insurance policy number (if known)
- Date and cause of death
- Name of person reporting the claim, and his/her relationship to the deceased
- Daytime and evening phone numbers
Processing and Resolution
- After the notification of death has been received, the agent of record will contact the beneficiary of the policy.
- Necessary forms (death certificate etc.) will be filed, and the status of claim will be provided.
- Resolution of the claim will be made by the Life Claims office once all forms and documentation have been received.