Let Us Help Guide You Through Catastrophe Claims
Start a Claim
You should review your policy for specific coverage information; however after a loss has occurred you should generally:
- Look at your damage and determine if there are any safety risks; if safe, have repairs made to prevent further damage -- keep an accurate record of your repair expenditures.
- You may wish to obtain estimates from contractors experienced in disaster restoration work.
- Major structural damage may require contractor/engineer inspections.
- Some repairs may not be covered unless you purchased a specific endorsement.
Settling a Claim
- State Farm will pay to repair or replace your damaged property subject to the terms and conditions of your policy.
- Check with your agent or claims representative for complete details.
- When applicable, check with your mortgage company about their policy procedure for endorsing your claim payment.
This is only a general description of coverages and is not a statement of contract. Details of coverage or limits vary in some provinces. All coverages are subject to the terms, provisions, exclusions and conditions in the policy itself and in any endorsements.