Auto Claims Resources
Accidents do happen, and we want to be sure you and anyone else involved are safe from harm. Here's what to do immediately after an auto accident.
How to Report an Auto Insurance Claim
Important Things to Remember
- Take reasonable steps to protect your vehicle from further damage.
- Make sure to tell us where your vehicle is located.
- Review your policy for specific coverage information.
- Check out our Auto Damage Service Program for more information.
If Someone Files a Claim Against You
- Contact your agent or claim representative; we will conduct an investigation to assess those allegations.
- Subject to the terms and conditions of your policy, we will pay those claims that you are legally liable to honour.
If Anyone is Injured
- If you or your passengers have applicable medical payments or personal injury coverage, injury-related bills will be paid according to the terms and conditions of your policy.
- Auto liability coverage may protect you if you damage someone else's property or cause injury to others.
Settling a Claim
- We'll pay to repair, replace, or furnish the agreed upon actual cash value of your property, subject to the terms and conditions of your policy.
- If applicable, check with your lienholder (if you've financed or owe money on a car) about how they handle claim payment; we may be required to protect them as well.
- Contact your State Farm agent or claim representative with questions.
- This is only a general description of coverages and is not a statement of contract. Details of coverage or limits vary in some provinces. All coverages are subject to the terms, provisions, exclusions, and conditions in the policy itself and in any endorsements.