Life Insurance Claims
We know that the passing of a loved one creates plenty of stress on its own. State Farm™ is here to help you to recover from the unexpected. We are committed to an efficient Life Insurance claims process.
To begin the Life Insurance claim process, there are 3 ways to notify State Farm of a death:
Information to Have on Hand
- Policyholder's full name and nickname (if any)
- Date of birth
- Province of residence
- Life insurance policy number (if known)
- Date and cause of death
- Name of person reporting the claim, and his/her relationship to the deceased
- Daytime and evening phone numbers
Processing and Resolution
- After the notification of death has been received, the agent of record will contact the beneficiary of the policy.
- Necessary forms will be provided to the agent to be completed by the beneficiary. Under certain circumstances, additional forms / documents may be required from the beneficiary.
- Resolution of the claim will be made by the Life Claim Operation Office once all forms and documentation have been received and reviewed.
Contact Life Claims at 877-524-4979 — Option 2 to report a new claim or check on an existing claim.
We've always based our business on one principle: integrity. We'll make sure you get your life back on track in case the unexpected happens.