Here You'll Learn the Ins and Outs of Auto Insurance Claims
Accidents do happen, and we want to be sure you and anyone else involved are safe from harm. Here's what to do immediately after an auto accident.
How to Report an Auto Insurance Claim
You can now use our online claim tool to:
- File a claim following a minor or major collision, hit-and-run, fire, theft, vandalism and more.
- View your coverage, get liability information and find out the deductible you will have to pay depending on the event that occurred.
- Make an appointment with one of our network’s body shops.
If you prefer to talk to someone to report your claim, our team is always here to help. Simply call 877-659-1570 or contact your State Farm® agent.
Accident Outside of Canada?
If you are a Canadian policyholder who would like to file a claim from outside of Canada, please contact your State Farm agent or call us directly at 855-209-9549 for an auto claim.
Important Things to Remember
- Take reasonable steps to protect your vehicle from further damage.
- Make sure to tell us where your vehicle is located.
- Review your policy for specific coverage information.
- Check out our Auto Damage Service Program for more information.
If Someone Files a Claim Against You
- Contact your State Farm agent or claim representative; we will conduct an investigation to assess those allegations.
- We will pay any claims you are legally liable for, subject to the terms and conditions of your policy.
If Anyone Is Injured
- If you or your passengers have applicable medical payments or personal injury coverage, injury-related bills will be paid according to the terms and conditions of your policy.
- Auto liability coverage may protect you if you damage someone else's property or cause injury to others.
Settling a Claim
- We'll pay to repair, replace, or furnish the agreed upon actual cash value of your property, subject to the terms and conditions of your policy.
- If applicable, check with your lienholder (if you've financed or owe money on a car) about how they handle claim payments; we may be required to protect them as well.
- Contact your State Farm agent or claim representative with questions.
- This is only a general description of coverages and is not a statement of contract. Details of coverage or limits vary in some provinces. All coverages are subject to the terms, provisions, exclusions, and conditions in the policy itself and in any endorsements.
Some conditions, exclusions and limitations may apply. The terms and conditions of the coverages described are set out in the insurance policy, which always prevails.
Start a Claim