savings even further.
Drive safe and save with the new Telematics mobile app
Telematics is the first fully mobile telematics insurance program in Canada – and it's free! No more plugging a device into your car – just use your smartphone to track and improve your driving in real-time.
The Telematics app is an interactive tool that lets you analyze and improve your driving habits and then rewards you with savings of up to 25% on your auto insurance premium at renewal. The Telematics program puts you in the driver's seat! Download the Telematics app and take your driving to the next level!
What is Telematics?
Telematics is our usage based insurance program that allows you to learn more about your driving habits and rewards you with additional savings on your car insurance based on how you drive. Simply download the app and enjoy the convenience of analyzing your driving habits via the convenience of your smartphone.
You can try the Telematics app – even if you're not a State Farm® customer yet. Getting started is easy:
- Download the app
- Monitor your driving
- The Telematics app makes monitoring your driving habits easy. You don't have to log in to a computer – you can view and manage everything in the palm of your hand.
- NEW! Earn medals as you drive to become a Telematics master! The Telematics medals are a great new tool to challenge yourself, improve your skills and increase your score to receive better savings! Download Telematics now to learn more!
- See your score
- Your score is calculated based on four criteria: driving smoothness (which includes fast acceleration, hard braking and hard cornering), speed, time of day travelled and distance travelled. Your score is then converted into savings on your auto insurance premium at renewal.
- Enjoy your savings
- Your score determines your potential savings once you've enrolled in the program as a State Farm customer. Each month, we'll let you know how much you're on track to save at renewal. The better you drive, the higher your score...and savings!
To enroll in the Telematics program, you need:
- An auto insurance policy with State Farm and Certas Home and Auto Insurance Company.
- A smartphone (iPhone or Android™ device) that's no more than three years old—The Telematics app is compatible with iOS 8 or higher and Android 4.4 or higher.
For Android device users: log onto Google Play before signing up for Telematics. If you see the Telematics app in Google Play then your phone is compatible. If you can't see the Telematics app then your phone doesn't have all the features needed to run Telematics.
Still not convinced? The Telematics program offers a trial version, so you can test drive the program. The trial version of the Telematics app has the same features and advantages as the client version, except you won't get the auto insurance renewal savings. So before signing up, download the 90-day trial.
The Telematics program is optional and free. Your driving data will never lead to penalties or premium increases. We believe Telematics is a great way for everyone to improve their driving and make the roads safer.
To find out more about how your personal information is managed, please read the Telematics program terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions
The Telematics application is compatible with iPhone or Android™ smartphones that are less than three years old. If you are unable to view the application, your phone is incompatible. For technical support, please contact 844-238-6400.
The discount does not apply to certain endorsements and additional coverages. Please note that the savings will automatically be applied to the premium at renewal. Certain conditions and restrictions may apply.
The Telematics Program is underwritten by Certas Home and Auto Insurance Company.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and Apple Watch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Google Play and Android are trademarks of Google inc.
Certain products and services may not be available in all provinces and territories.
State Farm branded policies are underwritten by Certas Home and Auto Insurance Company.