Important First Steps
- Take reasonable steps to prevent potential safety risks and/or further damage.
- If the loss is caused by theft, notify the police.
- Notify banks and credit card companies about any missing debit or credit cards or card numbers.
- Keep accurate records of what you spend repairing things.
- Separate items that may be cleaned and/or repaired.
- Check with your claim representative before you discard any items you plan to claim as damaged.
- Review your policy for specific coverage information.
If Anyone is Injured
- Report it immediately to your agent.
- Obtain names and addresses of any witnesses.
- Do not make voluntary payments for anything outside of emergency first aid.
When Someone Files a Claim Against You
- Report the claim and we will conduct an investigation to assess the allegations.
- We will pay any claims you are legally liable for, subject to the terms and conditions of your policy.
Settling a Claim
- We'll pay to repair or replace your damaged property, subject to the terms and conditions of your policy.
- If applicable, check with your mortgage company about how it handles claim payments.
- If you have any questions, contact your State Farm agent or claim representative.
We've always based our business on one principle: integrity. We'll make sure you get your life back on track in case the unexpected happens.
This is only a general description of coverages and is not a statement of contract. Details of coverage or limits vary in some provinces. All coverages are subject to the terms, provisions, exclusions, and conditions in the policy itself and in any endorsements.