Identity Fraud Insurance Helps Protect You From the Cost of Fraud
Many Canadians have reported being a victim of identity fraud. Identity fraud victims often have to spend their own money and a considerable amount of time and energy to clear their credit histories and correct their financial records.
As our valued customer, you deserve the best products and services for identity fraud coverage. We offer identity fraud insurance for only $25 per year as an optional endorsement under a homeowners, tenants, condominium unit owners or mobile home policy. If you become a victim of identity fraud, you'll have expense reimbursement and personal help for the recovery process.
Identity Restoration Case Management
This service is available for up to 12 months following a covered identity fraud. A case manager works with affected agencies and institutions, including credit card companies, credit bureaus, creditors, and businesses, on your behalf to correct any covered identity fraud issues you may experience.
Identity Fraud Expense Reimbursement
We provide up to $25,000 for covered expenses caused by identity fraud, including:
- Cost of obtaining credit bureau reports
- Fees when reapplying for loans, grants, or other credit instruments
- Phone, postage, and shipping fees
- Notary and filing fees for costs you incur to correct your identity and credit records
- Certain legal fees resulting from identity fraud
- Up to $1,000 for deductibles, service fees, or other costs charged by financial institutions to enable you to recover control of your personal identity.
- Up to $5,000 combined for lost wages and child, elder, and infirm care expenses.
- For some insurance products, the covered expenses may include up to $1,00 for mental health professional costs, also part of the expense reimbursement coverage limit of $25,000.
If you have any questions about our identity fraud insurance coverage, please contact your State Farm® agent.
Get a Quote