Identity fraud victims can spend hours and hours repairing the damage done by identity thieves. While many identity fraud insurance policies only reimburse you for the money you spend to do the work yourself, our identity restoration services include professional case management. This affordable coverage – available as an addition to the existing policy that insures your home, apartment, condominium, mobile home, or farm – can save you time and help ease your burden.
Find an Agent
If you become a victim of identity fraud, we'll assign a case manager to coach you through the complicated identity recovery process. For up to 12 months, your case manager will work with you to recover control of your identity and help you restore your credit history. He or she can also take on much of the work you'd otherwise have to handle on your own, including restoration services like:
- Identifying the right people to contact and what information they'll need.
- Proving that your records or accounts have been fraudulently misused.
- Working with credit bureaus, creditors, and financial institutions to identify errors and correct your records.
- Reviewing your credit files and requesting fraud alerts with credit bureaus.
- Preparing communications for you to send to credit bureaus, financial institutions, and government entities.
- Working with you to check for a recurrence of identity fraud problems.
- Providing legal referrals to help with court appearances or legal entanglements should they arise.
If you'd rather manage the process yourself, your case manager can provide an identity recovery guide that includes sample letters to creditors and credit bureaus and other information to help you through the process.
Talk to your State Farm® agent about adding restoration services coverage to your current policy.