Identity fraud victims spend an average of 60 frustrating hours repairing the damage done by identity thieves. While many identity theft insurance policies only reimburse you for the money you spend to do the work yourself, identity restoration services from State Farm® include professional case management. This affordable protection – available as an addition to the existing policy that insures your home, apartment, condominium, manufactured home, or farm – saves you time and helps ease your burden.
Find an Agent
If you become a victim of identity fraud, we'll assign a case manager to coach you through the complicated identity recovery process. For up to 12 months, your case manager will work with you to recover control of your identity and help you restore your credit history. He or she can take on much of the work you'd otherwise have to handle on your own, including restoration services like:
- Identifying the right people to contact and what information they'll need.
- Proving that your records or accounts have been fraudulently misused.
- Working with credit bureaus, creditors, and financial institutions to identify errors and correct your records .
- Enrolling you in an electronic credit monitoring service.
- Reviewing your credit files and requesting fraud alerts with credit bureaus.
- Preparing communications for you to send to credit bureaus, financial institutions, and government entities.
- Working with you to check for a recurrence of identity theft problems.
- Providing legal referrals to help with court appearances and legal entanglements.
If you'd rather manage the process yourself, your case manager can provide an identity recovery guide that will walk you through ways to guard against identity theft and what to do if it occurs. This restoration services guide includes sample letters to creditors and credit bureaus and other information to help you through the process.
Talk to your agent about adding restoration services coverage to your current policy.