Personal Umbrella Liability Policies Help Protect You
You've worked hard for what you have. Now, consider this: you're facing a claim for damages because of an accident that resulted in injuries to someone or a loss to their property. Though your underlying insurance policies (like auto, homeowners, or pleasure craft) may provide substantial insurance liability limits, those limits may not be enough to protect you from personal exposure or financial disaster in all cases.
One Major Insurance Liability Claim or Lawsuit and You Could be at Substantial Financial Risk
Injury and property losses from accidents can be significant. Judgments amounting to thousands or even millions of dollars are being awarded by courts across the country in ever-increasing numbers. Even though your underlying policies (like auto, homeowners, or pleasure craft insurance) may provide substantial liability limits, it may not be enough. Our personal umbrella liability policy may provide the additional coverage you need to protect your financial future.
Examples of when a personal umbrella liability policy may protect you.1
Auto - While driving, you change lanes and cause an accident that results in multiple injuries to passengers of another vehicle.
Home - While cooking, you leave your stove unattended. In addition to damaging your property, the fire damages your neighbours' property and injures your neighbours. You may have to pay for repairs to your neighbours' dwelling, and for their injuries.
Home - While on your property, a guest slips on your sidewalk or falls from your trampoline and files a claim against you.
Watercraft - While operating your watercraft, you hit a water-skier and cause serious injury. The injured person could file a claim against you for an amount in excess of the underlying liability limits of your pleasure craft insurance policy.
Other Features of a Personal Umbrella Liability Policy
- Our personal umbrella liability policy provides additional liability protection at an affordable price.
- It may provide protection against personal injury claims for some situations that may not be covered by your underlying auto or home policy, such as defamation of character, libel, or slander.
- It may provide coverage to pay for some legal costs to defend claims or lawsuits brought against you.
- It provides coverage in increments of $1 million.
It's Your Financial Future...Protect it with a Company You Can Trust
Many Canadians rely on our insurance products to provide the coverage they need. Here's why:
- Your life changes. Let a State Farm® agent help you manage your changing insurance and financial needs, from starting a family, to buying a home, to planning for retirement.
- We're here when you need us most. We can settle your claims quickly and fairly.
- Getting in touch is easy. Contact us - Walk in, mail in, call in, or click in®. Contact your State Farm agent today or visit statefarm.ca®.
Find an Agent
The liability protection provided by our personal umbrella liability policy may make the difference between future financial stability and financial ruin.
1This document contains only a general description of our personal umbrella liability policy coverage and is not a statement of contract. All coverages are subject to all policy provisions and minimum underlying insurance requirements. For further information, please see or call your State Farm agent.