Plan Ahead with Universal Life Insurance
Universal Life insurance is a permanent policy that allows you the flexibility to customize the coverage and premiums to meet your needs.
Our Universal Life insurance policy changes along with your life. This flexible policy lets you raise or lower your coverage and your premiums to fit your needs.1 It even builds cash value you can use during your lifetime.
Find an Agent
|Coverage Limits||Starting as low as $10,000 for some coverages|
|Issue Ages||0 to 80 (depending on the type of coverage)|
- Premiums are flexible; you can pay your premiums monthly or annually.
- Your premiums (after an expense charge) are added to your fund value.
- Every month, the cost of insurance for the policy and any riders, and any monthly expense charge are deducted from your fund value.
- Interest is credited to your fund value; the current interest rate may change monthly and varies by the investment option that you choose.2
- The cash value grows tax-deferred. Cash values can be accessed during your lifetime.
- No matter how large your death benefit, it passes to your beneficiaries generally income tax-free.
Death Benefit Options
There are two death benefit options you can choose with a Universal Life insurance policy.
Provides a level death benefit equal to the basic amount of life insurance you choose.
Provides a death benefit that varies with your policy Fund Value. Your death benefit is the amount of life insurance plus the policy fund value.
Need help choosing a policy? Compare policies
Customize your Policy
Add value to your policy with options and riders.
This coverage is available either on the insured or another person, and provides term insurance to age 100 for the amount of the rider.
|Coverage Minimum||$25,000 (Term 20 is also available starting at $25,000 for children aged 0-17)|
Term 10: 18 to 70
Term 20: 0 to 60
Term 30: 18 to 50
Find an Agent
1 With Universal Life coverage will remain in force as long as premiums are paid as required. Changes in policy coverage amounts are subject to policy limits. Increases are subject to underwriting and may require additional premiums.
2 This is a general description of coverage. A complete statement of coverage is found only in the policy. For more details on coverage, costs and restrictions; or to apply for coverage, contact a local State Farm® agent.