Life Insurance RatingsWe're a Top Performer
Here's Why You Should Buy Life Insurance From a State Farm™ Agent
Backed by the Strength of Desjardins Group
State Farm agents in Canada represent the Desjardins Group (Desjardins), which shares the strong values and deeply held belief that the policyholder always comes first. State Farm agents in Canada have started to benefit from the new relationship with Desjardins while customers will continue to enjoy the same great service and expertise they have come to expect in the past from State Farm.
Serving Canadians for More Than 100 Years
Founded in 1900, Desjardins is the largest cooperative financial institution in the country, with a long history of inspiring trust in Canadians from coast to coast. This trust is grounded in Desjardins' reputation as secure and stable: it was ranked the fourth safest financial institution in North America by Global Finance magazine and named the second strongest in the world by Bloomberg News.
Financial Strength and Breadth
With a distribution network covering every region in Canada, Desjardins Insurance1, one of Desjardins' subsidiaries is now the third largest private property and casualty insurer in Canada (number one in Ontario), boasting deep expertise and one of the most comprehensive financial service offerings in the country. Desjardins Insurance products and services include insurance (auto, home, life and more), wealth management, financing, and much more.
Desjardins is also*:
- The fourth largest group insurer in Canada
- The fifth largest cooperative financial institution globally
- Insurer to more than seven million members and clients1
- Named 2nd Strongest Bank in the World by Bloomberg (2015)
- $254.1 billion in assets (as of March 31st, 2015)
- A+ Stable by Standard and Poor's (Caisse centrale Desjardins)
- 15.7% tier 1a capital ratio – still among the best in the North American financial industry as of March 31st, 2015
- Voted one of Canada's Best Places to Work (The Globe and Mail's Canada's Top 100 Employers competition, 2015)
*As of January 1, 2015
1Desjardins Insurance refers to Desjardins Financial Security Life Assurance Company
Find an Agent
How Much Do You Need?
Find the right coverage for you.