Your Worries on Shore
Enjoy Affordable Pleasure Craft Insurance Rates
Our pleasure craft insurance policy can insure you against most risks of owning and operating your watercraft, including coverage for its motor trailer and including protection against liability lawsuits and additional coverages (medical payments or indemnity in the event of an accidental death). Talk to your State Farm® agent to learn more and get a pleasure craft insurance rate.
Find an Agent
Pleasure craft insurance policy will provide you with the best coverages (all-risks with some exclusions) for your watercraft and its motor such as:
- Equipment permanently attached to the watercraft
- Electric trolling motors
- Extra fuel tanks
- Detachable canopies
- Seat cushions
- Life preservers
Pleasure craft insurance can also protect you if, while using or operating your pleasure craft, you injure someone or damage their property. Pleasure craft liability coverage provides protection for legal liability because of an accident resulting from ownership, maintenance, or use of your watercraft, including bodily injury, property damage, and legal defence.
Medical payments coverage pays medical expenses up to the limit for this coverage in the policy for you, your resident relatives, and other occupants of the watercraft injured by an accident while operating, boarding, or leaving your watercraft.
We will pay, even if you are not legally liable, the following medical expenses, incurred by or on behalf of any person (including the insured) injured or killed while operating, boarding, leaving, or being a passenger on an insured watercraft provided that:
- the injury or death is the result of an accident
- the medical expenses are incurred within on year of the date of the accident, and
- you are released from any liability for the accident
This coverage pays up to the limit for this coverage in the policy if you, your spouse, or your dependent children suffer an accidental death arising from the use or operation of your watercraft.
If the named insured shown on the coverage summary page, his/her spouse, or their dependent children suffer an accidental death arising from the use or operation of the insured watercraft while this policy is in effect, and provided that the death occurs within 12 months of the date of the accident, we will compensate the estate of the deceased person as follows:
- the amount shown on the coverage summary
- page of the death of the named insured
- 50% of this amount for the death of the spouse
- 10% of this amount for the death of each dependent child
Extensions of Coverage and other advantages
- Newly acquired watercraft: your newly acquired watercraft or motor are covered for damage caused by an insured loss but only for a limited period (30 days). The new watercraft or motor must be replacing the existing insured watercraft and be a new acquisition.
- Emergency service: pays up to $500 for reasonable costs that you incur resulting from specified emergency service to your watercraft, its motor, or trailer.
- Additional expenses: pays up to $1,500 (maximum of $250 per day) for additional expenses, including travel expenses and the cost of renting a replacement watercraft similar to your watercraft, if your watercraft cannot be used as a result of an insured peril.
- Wreck removal: pays up to the limit in the policy the reasonable expenses you incur for any attempted or actual raising, removal or destruction of the wreck of your watercraft when damage is caused by an insured loss and removal, or destruction is required by law.
Ask Your Agent
- Are my trailer and boating supplies covered?
- Do I get discounts for completing boating safety courses? Which ones?
- Am I covered for both inland and ocean boating?
- Are there any unique exclusions or exceptions in my province/area?
- Are younger operators covered?
- Will I receive the actual cash value or replacement cost if my watercraft and its motor are totalled?
- What payment options are available?