Protect Your Property
When You're Working Off-site

Inland Marine Insurance Helps You Protect Your Business

When you are working off-site, your business owners policy doesn't always cover your tools, equipment, and computers, and this can put your business at risk. We offer commercial inland marine insurance to cover most business property including contractors' tools and equipment.

Find an Agent

What is Covered?

Inland marine insurance generally covers property that is movable or transportable in nature. It often covers property that needs broader protection than what may be provided by the typical property policy. Examples are:

  • Computers/computer systems
  • Tools and equipment for artisan contractors (from mobile equipment to hand tools)
  • Fine art dealers/galleries (covers the fine art and tools/equipment used in conjunction with fine art)
  • Photographers camera equipment
  • Motor truck cargo (covers the goods being carried by an insured trucker)
  • Transportation form (covers goods shipped by or to our insured via common carrier)
  • Pet groomers (covers their equipment, especially for those with mobile operations)
  • Veterinarians (covers animals belonging to others while in the custody of the insured while they are on the insured's premises and while being transported off premises)
  • Vending machine form — used to cover vending machines (not the contents)
  • Dealers service form — covers equipment used by servicing contractors / installers, e.g., appliances, flooring, plumbers, etc.

Contact your agent today for assistance in determining your inland marine coverage needs.

In addition to inland marine insurance, you may also need property and liability, commercial auto, life, and commercial umbrella insurance.


This is only a general description of coverages of the available types of insurance and is not a statement of contract. Details of coverage, limits or services may not be available for all businesses and vary in some provinces. All coverages are subject to the terms, provisions, exclusions and conditions in the policy itself and in any endorsements.