Protect Your Business with Food Shops Insurance
Food shops insurance can help your business through a variety of difficult situations, such as if:
- Your office was destroyed by fire or vandalism.
- A customer brought a lawsuit against you.
- A business had to shut down, depriving you of income.
- Your business documents were lost or destroyed.
For complete details of food store insurance and food shop liability, please contact your State Farm™ agent.
Find an Agent
Several Distinctive Features Available in the Food Shops Insurance Policy:
- Coverage for your business property such as buildings and other structures, inventory, property in transit, and much more.
- Comprehensive general liability – Food shop liability insurance to help protect yourself financially against costly claims and lawsuits.
- Loss of income – Protection in case you must close your business because of a covered loss.
- Accounts receivable – Covers loss of monies due to you that are noncollectable because of damage to accounts receivable records.
- Sewer and drain backup – Provides coverage for accidental direct physical loss to business personal property at your location.
- Computer property – Coverage for computer equipment used in the business operation.
- Data compromise and identity restoration – Coverages work together to help your business and you get back on track after a data breach occurs or if you, the business owner, become a victim of identity fraud.
- Employee dishonesty – Coverage for direct physical loss of business personal property, including money and securities, caused by dishonest acts committed by employees.
- Equipment breakdown – Coverage for mechanical breakdown of covered equipment such as refrigeration equipment, heating, or air conditioning units.
- Food contamination- loss of income endorsement – Covers business income, direct damages, and additional advertising expenses if your business is ordered closed by health authorities or any other governmental authority as a result of food contamination.
- Money and securities – Coverage for the loss of business money and securities caused by theft, disappearance, or destruction from described premises, a bank or savings institution, while being conveyed by a messenger or armored auto, or within the residence of a messenger.
- Signs – Coverage for accidental direct physical loss to signs attached to buildings (whether indoor or outdoor) and to outdoor signs not attached to buildings at the described premises owned by you or in your care, custody, or control.
- Temperature change/spoilage – Covers loss to perishable goods on your premises caused by a change in temperature, humidity, or pressure that is the direct result of specified conditions in the endorsement.
- Utility interruption – Provides loss of income coverage due to failure of communications, water, natural gas, or electrical service to your insured premises for more than eight consecutive hours (see policy provisions).
Let a local State Farm agent help you customize a plan for your business that can include a business policy, commercial auto policy, and commercial umbrella policy.
This is only a general description of coverages of the available types of insurance and is not a statement of contract. Details of coverage, limits, or services may not be available for all businesses and vary in some provinces. All coverages are subject to the terms, provisions, exclusions, and conditions in the policy itself and in any endorsements.