Protect Your Practice — Add Medical Office Insurance Today
The Right Coverage for Medical Professionals
Medical office insurance provides coverage that can help medical professionals through a variety of challenging events, such as if:
- Your office is destroyed by fire or vandalism.
- A patient who slips and falls on your premises brings a lawsuit against you.
- A business has to shut down depriving you of income.
- Your business documents are lost or destroyed.
For full details regarding medical office and medical professionals insurance, please contact your State Farm™ agent.
Find an Agent
Features Available in the Medical Office Insurance Policy
There are several distinctive features available in the Medical Office Insurance policy, including:
- Coverage for your business property, such as buildings and other structures, inventory, property in transit, and much more.
- Comprehensive general liability — Medical office insurance that provides financial protection against costly claims and lawsuits.
- Loss of income — Protection in case you must close your business because of a covered loss for up to 12 months.
- Accounts receivable — Coverage for loss of monies due to you that are noncollectable because of damage to accounts receivable records.
- Sewer and drain backup — Coverage for accidental direct physical loss to business personal property at your location.
- Computer property — Coverage for computer equipment used in the business operation.
- Data compromise and identity restoration — Coverages that work together to help your business and you get back on track after a data breach occurs or if you, the business owner, become a victim of identity fraud.
- Employee dishonesty — Coverage for direct physical loss of business personal property, including money and securities caused by dishonest acts committed by employees.
- Equipment breakdown — Coverage for mechanical breakdown of covered equipment, such as refrigeration equipment, heating, or air conditioning units.
- Money and securities — Coverage for the loss of business money and securities caused by theft, disappearance, or destruction from described premises, a bank or savings institution, while being conveyed by a messenger or armored auto, or within the residence of a messenger.
- Signs — Coverage for accidental direct physical loss to signs attached to buildings (whether indoor or outdoor) and to outdoor signs not attached to buildings at the described premises owned by you or in your care, custody, or control.
- Utility interruption — Loss of income coverage due to failure of communications, water, natural gas, or electrical service to your insured premises for more than eight consecutive hours (see policy provisions).
- Valuable papers and records — Coverage for the cost to research, replace, or restore the lost information on valuable papers and records caused by an insured loss.
Start a Claim
This is only a general description of coverages of the available types of business insurance and is not a statement of contract. Details of coverage, limits, or services may not be available for all business and vary in some provinces. All coverages are subject to the terms, provisions, exclusions, and conditions in the policy itself and in any endorsements.