Protect the Strength of Your Business with Retail Shop Insurance
Take Care of Business with Retail Insurance
Retail shop insurance provides coverage that can help you through a variety of difficult situations, such as if:
- Your business is destroyed by fire or vandalism
- A customer brings a lawsuit against you
- A business has to shut down depriving you of income
- Your business documents are lost or destroyed
For complete details of our retail store insurance policies, please contact your State Farm™ agent.
Find an Agent
There are several distinctive features available in the Retail Shop Insurance Policy, including:
- Coverage for your business property, such as buildings and other structures, inventory, property in transit, and much more.
- Comprehensive general liability — Insurance that provides financial protection against costly claims and lawsuits.
- Loss of income — Protection in case you must close your business because of a covered loss.
- Accounts receivable — Insurance that covers loss of monies due to you that are uncollectible because of damage to accounts receivable records.
- Sewer and drain backup — Coverage for accidental direct physical loss to business personal property at your location.
- Computer property — Coverages for computer equipment used in the business operation.
- Data compromise and identity restoration — Coverages that work together to help your business and you get back on track after a data breach occurs or if you, the business owner, become a victim of identity fraud.
- Employee dishonesty — Coverage for direct physical loss of business personal property including money and securities caused by dishonest acts committed by employees.
- Equipment breakdown — Coverage for damage to covered property caused by mechanical breakdown of covered equipment, artificially generated current damaging covered equipment, explosion of steam boilers, or loss of steam/hot water boilers.
- Money and securities — Coverage for the loss of business money and securities caused by theft, disappearance, or destruction from described premises, a bank or savings institution, while being conveyed by a messenger or armored auto or within the residence of a messenger.
- Signs — Coverage for accidental direct physical loss to signs attached to buildings (whether indoor or outdoor) and to outdoor signs not attached to buildings at the described premises owned by you or in your care, custody or control.
- Utility interruption — Loss of income coverage due to failure of communications, water, natural gas, or electrical service to your insured premises for more than eight consecutive hours (see policy provisions).
Start a Claim
This is only a general description of coverages of the available types of business insurance and is not a statement of contract. Details of coverage, limits, or services may not be available for all business and vary in some provinces. All coverages are subject to the terms, provisions, exclusions, and conditions in the policy itself and in any endorsements.